Monday, October 21, 2013

Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me, You've never failed and You won't start now.

Fear...

(n.) an unpleasant, often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger.

Why are we afraid? Why is it that we have a fear of the unknown?
I'll admit the future still makes me a little uneasy... stepping out in faith, like Peter causes my heart to leap into my throat at my palms to sweat. My stomach falls to my knees and I felt light headed.
But as I listen once again I hear God saying,
"come".

Now, this is a bit of the conversation that is going on in my head...
Out there?
yes, come on, I'm with you.
But there's water, and it's stormy.
And?
I can't swim...
So?
I don't know God...
I'm here, waiting for you.
But I'm afraid.
I know.
But how can I do this?
Because, I am with you.

Deep breath and take a step... fear begins to subside and my focus remains on God.
But then it happens.

The waves catch my eye, my stomach begins to flop and I panic... then I begin to sink. My arms flail and I cry out to God... he reaches out and saves me.
So here I stand in a familiar situation, standing on the edge of the waves and God is asking me to come out to where he is...
Do I go?
Do I follow?
Or do I just sit where I am and lose out on a great adventure?
Will you let fear run your life or will you let God take on the greatest adventure?
This morning, we sang the song Oceans (Where feet may fail) by Hillsong and I was struck by the words.
How many times do we ask God to push us and then panic when he does?
How many times do we face our fear with ridiculous faith, step out and just go?
I John 4:18 tells us that perfect love casts out fear... I pray this Monday will start with a small step of faith and begin a great adventure for you... wherever you are in life.
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Enjoy the day and step out in faith on this glorious day.



No comments:

Post a Comment